The 23rd episode of the Side Quest Completed podcast, a podcast about game development hobbies.
Jaycie and Calvin talk about the influence of Pokemon on game design.
Length: 40 minutes
- Everyone knows pokemon, huge connection to game design over the years
- Indie developers make the same game over and over
- Make a game jam game, remake as a full game. Refining
- Pokemon game made over and over
- Don’t be afraid to iterate
- Similar to chapter based games
- Infinite updates create a similar feedback loop
- Story Studio Podcast