The 24th episode of the Side Quest Completed podcast, a podcast about game development hobbies.
Jaycie and Calvin interview fellow side quester Ray Perry. Ray works with Jaycie during the day and works on his own games in his side time. We talk about the games that inspire ray and his dream project.
Length: 42 minutes
- Calvin is playing the FFVII Demo and Shadow of the Colossus
- Jaycie is playing Overwatch again and reading Delicious in Dungeon and My Hero Academia
- Ray is playing Hades and watching Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken
- Ray talks about Dept. Heaven, a series of games inspiring his big passion project
- We talk a lot about Dept. Heaven's Episode 5, Knights of the Nightmare, which Ray manages to describe as a “Tactical Bingo Bullet-hell”
- Jaycie and Calvin praise Story Cubes
- Ray talks about the game Roundguard, describing it as Peggle crossed with an RPG
- We briefly mention the strange dating sims Hatoful Boyfriend and My Horse Prince
- Calvin and Ray recall the unique game Boktai: The Sun Is in Your Hand
- Ray talks about the Meditations game collection, which he contributed to
- Jaycie mentions The Longing, a game that literally takes 400 days to complete
- We also mention in this episode Chroma Squad, Auto Chess, and the Python game engine PursuedPyBear