The 28th episode of the Side Quest Completed podcast, a podcast about game development hobbies.
Calvin and Jaycie discuss the use of travel in game design.
Length: 55 minutes
- Mario Cart and F-Zero racing games
- FFVII and other RPG world maps
- Quick Travel in Morrowind and World of Warcraft
- Castlevania: SotN key rooms
- The Final Fantasy XV road trip
- Oregon Trail
- Concretely, the game Journey
- Abstractly, the concept of The Hero's Journey
- Get in the Car, Loser
- Desert Bus
- EVE Online